132 Monroe Turnpike
Leveraging Knowledge and Experience
Camilla Schnaitmann, LCSW (she/her)
Camilla graduated with her MSW from UCONN - School of Social Work. She spent almost a decade training and working at the Yale Child Study Center, where she provided treatment interventions to a population of children and youth with significant mental health and/or behavioral issues. She then moved into a Director's position within a community agency, providing clinical supervision to a staff of 16 Master's level clinicians and Bachelor's level mental health counselors.
She comes with a wealth of knowledge and experience working with children, adolescents, parents, families and young adults with mental illness, trauma, behavioral and attachment issues. She engages with her clients from a strength-based, client-centered approach and believes strongly in collaboration and transparency in her work.
Camilla has been trained in Play Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Trauma-Focused CBT, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Collaborative Problem-Solving, and mindfulness techniques.
You Are NOT Alone...
Mental Health Statistics for Children and Youth1
- 20% of youth ages 13 - 18 struggle with a mental health condition
- Suicide is the THIRD leading cause of death in youth ages 10 - 24
- 10% of youth have a behavioral or conduct disorder
- Approximately 50% of youth with a mental health condition do not complete high school
- The average delay between the onset of symptoms and treatment is 8 - 10 years
1 National Alliance on Mental Illness